• Email Filters
use email filters to send messages to certain places depending
on their content. You can use filters to sort mail between
business and pleasure, to delete unwanted mail, or to sort
mail in another manner.
an Email Filter
1. Click on the Add Filter button in the "Create Filter"
2. The first setting is the "Filter" definition.
Two drop down menus and a text box will be available. The
first drop down menu contains the following information:
one of the above options from the "Options 1" drop
down menu. This option will be used to specify the actual
components of email to filter.
To filter all mail that SpamAssassin has marked as spam, just
choose "SpamAssassin Spam Header", "begins
with", and then enter "Yes" in the box.
drop down menu includes the following:
one of the above options from the "Options 2" drop
down menu. This option will be used to specify how you want
to filter the actual components of email.
box that follows the first two drop down menus should include
the word or key word you want to use when filtering email.
Enter your filter in the text box.
next option is the "Destination" or location of
where the filtered email should be sent. See the example below:
EXAMPLE: "Discard", "|/home/user/email.pl"
or "firstname.lastname@example.org" (without quotes).
on the Activate button.
5. You will see the following statement:
"A filter has been added that sends all mail OPTION_1
that OPTION_2 FILTER_TEXT to DESTINATION"
6. Click on the Go Back link.
7. When the page loads, you will see a two-column table consisting
of the following information:
- This entry contains the filter you setup in the steps
- This entry contains the location you chose for the "Destination"
option in Step 3 above.
- Click on the x in a circle icon to delete
you have followed Steps 1-6 above, you can now test your new
filter. View the "Filter Test" section and enter
a complete e-mail message (including headers) in the "Filter
Test" text box to see how it will be processed with the
current filters in place.
9. Click on the Test Filter button.
10. The "Test Filter" results will be shown when
the page loads. If you have any errors or problems with the
email filter, contact support department for further assistance.