Please note: This software is no longer supported or used as part of our hosting packages. This information is archived here in the hopes that it may help you if you ares till using it on your hosting platform.
Table Of Contents
Top of Page
This document mainly gives a complete description of the domain user functionality.
Mail Manager comprises of the following 9 functionalities:
· Create New mailing list
· Delete mailing list
For more specifics of these modules please refer to the related sections.
The scope of the document confines to the following:
· Functionality of domain user.
· Mail Manager Onsite team
· Mail manager End Users
Browser support: IE 5.0 and above, Netscape 4.3 and above, MAC
browser and Mozilla.
Anytime in this page you see 'yourdomain.com' replace it with your domain name.
The email will not work until you have changed the name servers and or your new domain
has been registered for about 24 hours.
User can see two panes on home page.
1. On left pane we
can have following links
Home – To display Home
New Address – For
creating new accounts.
New list – For creating
Edit list – To change
settings for existing list.
Delete list – To delete a
Edit Moderators – For
adding/removing Moderators for list.
Administer list – For
administering the list.
Quaranteen – For Anti
SpamGuard – For Spam
2. On right pane
User can view the settings for all existing accounts.
Click on New Address link on Mail manager
The User Interface for a new mail account creation in a domain will be as follows:
User can see Max limit on Home page as
Addresses Max: 100
Click on Change password link for particular user account.
User can change password
for the account by entering new password and clicking on Change button. Password
should be of minimum 6 characters. No special characters are
· After clicking on particular account link on left pane you get this page.
· User can delete an account by clicking on Delete link as highlighted in screen shot.
There are five screens for the mailing list functionalities. These screens are Create mailing list, Edit mailing list, Delete mailing list, Administer List and Edit moderators.
Click on New List
link on Mail manager page.
The User Interface to create a new mailing list is as follows:
1. Subscriber only list – All the subscribers of the list will receive the mails
Sent to list. For e.g. mail to mailto:list1@devel,mailmanager.alabanza will be sent to all subscribed users of list1.
2. Newsletter – Foreign subscriptions are restricted with this type of list. Subscribers can only receive mails from the list. Maintainer of the list receives posting to the list.
3. Moderated list – All the moderators of the list will receive the mails sent to list and approve the postings. For e.g. mail to mailto:email@example.com will be sent to all the moderators of list1. Maintainer of list is the default moderator. Users can add/remove moderators to list.
Click on Edit List link on Mail manager
The User Interface for a Edit mailing list will be as follows:
· User can edit Maintainers Email address. Enter new address in address text box and click on Save Changes button.
· User can edit Maintainers password by entering new password in password field
and clicking on Save Changes button.
· User can change the list type by selecting new list type and saving the changes.
· User can subscribe new users to list by entering user address and clicking on Subscribe button.
· User can unsubscribe existing users from list. One can select multiple users from list and click on Unsubscribe button.
Click on Delete List link on Mail manager
The User Interface for Delete Mailing List will be as follows:
The selected List will get deleted after user confirms the operation.
Click on Administer
List link on Mail manager
The User Interface for Administer Mailing List will be as follows:
1.Email List of Subscribers – If user selects first radio button and clicks on Submit Request button, Maintainer of selected list will be mailed list of subscribers for the selected list.
2.Email List log – If user selects second radio button and clicks on Submit request button, Maintainer of selected list will be mailed log for the list.
3.Wipe List log - If user selects third radio button and clicks on Submit request, the log for selected list will get deleted.
4.Search list for a near match – Maintainer of selected list will be mailed, list of all subscribed users satisfying the matching criterion. For e.g. if user enters “suh” as matching criterion and clicks on Submit Request button, list of all subscribed users satisfying the criterion like suhas1, suhas2 will be sent to Maintainer.
Click on Edit Moderators link on
Mail manager page.
The User Interface for Edit Moderators List will be as follows:
· This Link is visible only when domain has at least one moderated type of list.
· Moderators will get all the postings for list to approve.
List subscribers get these mails only when Moderators approve the mails.
· User can add to moderators list by entering new moderator’s address and clicking on Add button.
· User can remove the existing moderator by selecting it in list and clicking on Remove button. User can select multiple addresses to be removed.
Go to your domain control panel via
http://yourdomain.com/menu and install Quaranteen. .
After about 10 minutes it can be accessed via the Mail Manager
Click on Quaranteen link on Mail Manager page.
The User Interface for configuring the Quaranteen will be as follows:
· Turn On Quaranteen: To switch On/Off Quaranteen. If user unchecks this check box, no Quaranteen rules will be applied to mails. If user checks this box then all the mails to this domain will get filtered as per rules set.
· Enter extensions of attachments to be blocked: The list of file extensions, which will be considered as suspected by the Quaranteen software (Sanitizer). For e.g. if user enters a extension as doc, xls and clicks on Add Block button, these extension will get added to Blocked Extension list. Now any mails with attachment as doc or xls will get blocked.
· Blocked extensions: Display currently blocked extensions. User can see all the extensions added by him.
· Enable Virus-scan for windows executables: To enable/disable the sanitizer to automatically scan the windows executables. All the windows executables in attachment of mails will be scanned. If it is detected as a virus mail, the mail will be blocked. Administrator gets a warning mail for the same.
· Enter administrator’s e-mail address: The E-mail address to which the virus infected mail warning will be sent along with the mail contents. No attachment is sent to administrator.
· Virus infected mails will be stored to: File name with relative location to keep the virus infected mails. For e.g. if user enters a string as user1/virus then all the virus infected mails will get directed to /Home/owner/user1/virus file. All the directories get created if it does not exists.
· User can set a security level, which is basically a rating for processing the mails.
For e.g. User can select security level as Lenient, Normal, Strict and Very strict from combo box.
Every mail is evaluated by Quaranteen utility and a score is set for every mail.
For the above choices we have following scores.
Lenient – 200, Normal- 100, Strict- 50, Very strict- 5
Whenever a score for the mail exceeds specified score it will be blocked.
| HELP NOTES: (Quaranteen can be configured
in the Mail Manager section.)|
1.4.2 Spam Guard Configuration
Top of Page
Go to your domain control panel via
http://yourdomain.com/menu and install Spamguard.
After about 10 minutes it can be accessed via the Mail Manager.
Click on SpamGuard link on Mail Manager page.
· Turn On SpamGuard: To enable the user to switch On/Off SpamGuard. If user unchecks this check box no rules will be applied for mails.
· Block E-mail address: To block the E-mail addresses. All E-mails from these addresses will be automatically deleted. No warning will be sent to administrator.
· Blocked E-mail addresses: Displays currently blocked e-mail addresses. User can select multiple addresses to be removed and click on Remove Block button.
· Block words: To block the critical words. All mails having these words either in subject or message body will be automatically deleted. For e.g. if user enters word like “gamble”, then any mail having “gamble” word in its subject or message will get deleted. No warning mail will be sent to administrator.
· Blocked words: Displays currently blocked words. User can select multiple words from list to be removed.
To provide Spam words in email, which will be treated as spam (Bad)
Non-Spam words: To
provide non-Spam words in email, which will be treated as good words.
· Spam mails will be stored to: File name with location to keep the spam mails.
· Spamprobe software will use spam words and non-spam words as input for applying the Anti-Spam rules on emails.
| HELP NOTES: (SpamGuard can be
configured in the Mail Manager section.)|